Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Pick one, Any One

You know those people that have "plans" for their life? Whom have known since infancy what they anticipate for their future. Some how deep in their bones they know that what they are doing is it.

I'm not that person

at all.

When I was a kid I thought I wanted to be a nurse. Seemed like a very helpful, tidy type of profession. Then I discovered you'd have to clean up peoples urine, puke and any other bodily fluid they may leak. I don't do puke well

at all.

Then I moved onto an airline stewardess (at the time, that's what they were still called ... why'd that change anyway? Don't give me any hooie about equal rights either!) I liked their snazzy uniforms (uh, yeah I realize how ridiculous I am!), how they proudly did the pre-flight demonstration ... I was also under the impression that if you were a stewardess, you'd get to fly first class. However, mid way through this dream I was told I was too short. Now I realize that person was just a dream killer. Too late, already moved onto the next dream.

Okay, there really wasn't any dreams after that. I just kind of drifted between jobs. Enrolled in college ... and life happen. Then I became a mom. Now I'm reinvesting my thoughts into what I want to "be". WHO I want to be. Where I want to do those things. I'm in limbo right now, helping out an old friend ... but when I look like this at the end of the day(is that a death glimmer in my eye?) I realize this is NOT a long term solution...

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Life is what happens while you are busy making plans=) Good luck!!

TinaLaRae said...

I found you! I'm so happy! Your post are awesome! Krista you seriously need to write for a news paper.