Sunday, October 16, 2011

In the End

Canada wasn't where we needed to be.
Wasn't where I needed to be.
I didn't ever settle in well there.
I blame no one and nothing but myself really.
It was hard. It was cold. It felt very isolating. It wasn't what I was hoping it'd be.
Though I can't exactly pinpoint what I thought it was going to be.
What it was ... wasn't it.
Who I was there wasn't who I felt comfortable being.
We had some good times there while I was working it out, however!
Spent some evenings over at my mom's mans house doing heart warming activities like roasting marshmallows inside!

Rhiannon got to spend crazy time with her favorite cousin
I got to spend time with old friends

Went to a country auction where a ridiculous amount of money was raised amongst down home decor
Helped out neighbors and family with brandings


Looking back, pictorially ... fun times were had. I just couldn't settle.
I always had a fissure of unease. Or discontent. Or anxiety.
I didn't know how to talk about it. Or even where the source of it was.
Probably deep inside me where I don't like to look.


No comments: