Sunday, May 29, 2011

Da-Zoo


Last Thursday we went up to Calgary with my mom to check out if she wanted to have corrective eye surgery. Turns out she doesn't, but that doesn't mean we didn't have a blast in Calgary anyway!
While she was at her assessment I took the kids to IKEA, where in the past they have LOVED hanging out because Smaland is terrific fun. I thought it'd be a great way to waste away an hour. Turns out punk #1 has grown so much since we left Texas she can
no longer go IN Smaland ...
*tear*. She was torn between misery of not being allowed to go play and excitement of being THAT MUCH taller than when we left Texas.
I some how managed to forget all of our jackets at home ... therefore we all got new ones. Yay! Unneeded expenses! I admit, I HATE spending a lot of money on stuff for me. Mostly because I don't think I look great in anything (ya ya ya, body issues I'll over come some day). However, this time I actually talked myself into a nice jacket. Realizing that while my waist may get bigger and smaller, my "chest" size will always stay the same ... so I fit it to THAT part of my body and wasn't disappointed in the least. It rained off and on all day while we wondered the zoo and while I got chilly from time to time - I was NEVER wet. Brilliant!
After we picked up my mom from her appointment we headed to the zoo.

It was a great "break day" for us all.

No comments: